Tuesday 11 November 2008

Visit to Earth

Together, we walked to the TARDIS. He grinned, excitedly, as I sat down on the jumpseat. “Earth... 21st Century... 2008” he visably beamed, flicking a switch, skipping around the controls, using his foot to reach the lever on the opposite side. It was rather amusing, really. I watched him with a smile, wondering if he'd felt the spark between us when we'd kissed too. Perhaps I was far too comfortable with him for a queen. Maybe.
"Won't I be a little overdressed for the 21st Century?" I asked, a brow raised.
“Er....” he took in my clothing and wrinkled his nose before laughing. “Most probably, but I do have an amazing wardrobe! Come see!” he grabbed my hand, leaving the TARDIS on it’s designated path, he’d finally been able to fix the auto control. “It’s huge!! Got everything!” he led me inside the wardrobe grinning. “Hmm...jeans and t-shirt...or something similar..”

I kept stealing glances at him as we walked around towards the wardrobe. He'd stirred something inside of me. I'd always had a crush on him, like a foolish schoolgirl. But he was a Lord of Time, and he loved to travel. No matter what, he would only be there for short periods of time. The Doctor didn't do Domesticity.

I followed him into the wardrobe, looking around at the thousands of outfits it contained.
"It's brilliant. Really brilliant!" I grinned. The Doctor walked through the wardrobe grinning, looking for to something for me. Our hands brushed against one another and he caught my eye as he walked up and down, and I watched as he bit his lip.
"Ari...” he whispered, almost to himself, wanting to say something but stopping himself, I could tell that. He was about to say it, I could see it in his eyes, but instead, he said “How about these?” he pulled out a pair of faded jeans and one of his blue stripy shirts. I looked at him, taking the clothes. Our faces were close, inches apart. Neither of us were speaking, but we could both feel it, I knew that. He was about to turn away, return to the console room... I leaned in and kissed him again. Deeply, passionately. And boy is the Doctor good at returning kisses. As we broke apart, he stared into my eyes.

"I'll leave you to change" he smiled, heading out of the door. I dressed into the clothes he'd given me, pulling my hair from the elaborate style, and plaiting it down my back. I returned to the console and he grinned a grin more brightly than I'd ever seen from him.
"Right.. here we are... Cardiff." he took my hand and lead me out of the TARDIS door, locking it behind us.

"Right.. Chips" he grinned "Time I introduc--" he stopped short as a huge bang rocked the city, nearly throwing us to the floor. A huge meteorite had crashed in the centre. The Doctor looked at me with a twinkle in his eye.
"Want to explore?" he grinned. I laughed.
"Of course."

Together we ran towards the hole in the middle of a park in Cardiff, the Doctor using the psychic paper I had given him to get us through police lines. Special Ops, we were, apparently, though they probably wondered why I was wearing a man's shirt and faded jeans. We walked up to the meteor and he ran a hand over it.
"Beautiful isn't it?"
"That it is, Doctor" a man's voice came from behind us and we both spun around. After a second, the Doctor grinned.
"Jack.. long time..."
"Three weeks.. hardly so long" the man replied. "And who's this lovely lady?"
"Oh, this is Queen Ariella. Ari, this is Captain Jack Harkness." he raised a finger towards Jack "Don't... just. Don't."
"What?" Jack looked a little offended for a moment, before grinning again "It's lovely to meet you, your highness"
"Please.. call me Ari" I said with a smile. Jack then introduced me to his team, Gwen and Ianto, and then to Martha, who I'd already met, and who gave me a hug, asking what I was doing here.

"Right, team, back to the Hub" Jack announced after samples had been taken and whatnot. "You two coming with?" he asked the Doctor and I. We looked at one another, before nodding
"Yeah alright" the Doctor smiled, taking my hand and squeezing it tight. Jack offered me his arm and I linked my hand through it, but I could feel the Doctor's hand tightening on mine.

I could only put it down to jealousy, but that seems silly.

More tomorrow x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good eh? only good? well that does wonders for a blokes ego... =P