Wednesday 3 December 2008

Torchwood

It was the first time the Doctor had been inside the Torchwood hub, or that's what he told me as we sat together in the back of the black SUV Jack was driving. He held my hand for the entire journey, his thumb running over mine in a way that would have been extremely relaxing if it wasn't for the occasional jump of the car. We watched in amusement as Jack and Gwen bickered about something or other. We could tell it was playful bickering, though Ianto kept nudging Jack and reminding him that he, not only had company, but he had royalty in the back of the car.

I am pretty used to being treated differently for being royal. I've grown up with it my whole life, but every time I come to Earth I am taken back by the way that humans trip over themselves to make me comfortable, even though I'm part of a race that they have never even heard of in their lives. Now, the Doctor never treats me different, but he did at one time. The throne room on Jacowitz sometimes throws him slightly and he acts a bit more formally, which Rose or Donna or Martha would tell you is very weird to see.

We arrived back at the hub and Jack decided he wanted to show us some invisible lift, because it was, and I quote, "pretty cool". I laughed as I took the Doctor's hand and stepped onto a platform that I couldn't see, and found myself slipping beneath the floor as a very weird sensation passed through my body. The Doctor grinned like a small child in a candy store, and exclaimed "Jack, this is brilliant" and many other variations of that sentence.

As we touched the solid ground, a large winged.. thing landed in front of us. The Doctor pulled out his glasses and hurriedly pushed them .. asking
"Is that a pterodactyl?" Jack laughed and nodded and I reached out to stroke it before Martha called out
"I wouldn't do that.. she might bite. Wouldn't want the queen of Jacowitz loosing a finger… or a hand"
"Oh she won't" I smiled, and gained many calls of "You can't be certain" from the Torchwood crew. I decided against pointing out that I was currently having a conversation with the pterodactyl within my head, which may have made them think me crazy, and proceeded to running a hand gently down the great beast's neck. The Doctor grinned at me, before glancing around the hub
"This place is brilliant" he smiled, and took a cup of tea from Ianto, who had, at that moment, come round with a tray. "So, that meteor." He bounced over to Jack at the same time that Myfanwy (that's the pterodactyl's name) flew off. I made my way over to where the two women, Martha, and the pretty brunette I remembered being called Gwen, were sat. Gwen immediately rose from her seat and offered it to me, which is exactly what I mean about humans being far too kind just because they know I'm the Queen of a planet.

We sat and talked for about half an hour, me telling them all about Jacowitz (it had been a long time since Martha had been) and them telling me all about Torchwood and the things they did, before another familiar face appeared out of a random doorway. I instantly rose from my seat and, practically, flew at him, pulling him into a hug.

Mickey Smith laughed softly, pulling back.
"Ari, long time no see"
"It was just last week for me" I laughed. I had met him a few times with Rose and the Doctor. I had always liked Mickey Smith, and had been horrified when Rose told me he had been left in a parallel world, by choice or not. He asked about Jacowitz, I asked about his time in a parallel world, we had a rather interesting conversation before he offered to show me a Weevil.



More tomorrow x

No comments: