Monday 30 March 2009

Weevils

"You look amazing, you know" I laughed softly as Mickey complimented me, before he spotted the Doctor. The Doctor glanced up from where he was stood with Martha and Jack, looking over some readings on the meteor.
"Miiiickey!" he grinned "Fancy seeing you here"
"Yeah, not like you to pop in." Mickey remarked, smiling slightly. I wondered for a moment whether he missed Rose. I knew she was in a parallel universe with a Human version of the Doctor, he'd explained all this to me, somewhat briefly. I didn't think it proper to ask, however. As Mickey walked over to the Doctor, Gwen stepped towards me, smiling. She was remarkably beautiful, and had eyes which reminded me of the Doctor's. I wasn't the kind of woman to fancy other women, but had I been, I would definitely have had a crush on Gwen.
"Looks like Mickey has found something else to do.. Would you like me to show you the Weevil?" she asked. I smiled warmly
"That would be lovely."

She lead me down to the Torchwood cells, looking back every few minutes to make sure I was alright. Typical humans, I thought. I remembered a time when Rose had taken me, and a rather out of it Doctor, back to her home, to meet Jackie Tyler, who panicked over the fact that she had no cakes or posh tea in once she found out I was royalty. It always amused me, and I know it would never change.

We walked into the damp room, and Gwen apologised once more, though it wasn't as though she'd designed the room to be damp and gloomy, so I didn't really understand why she was apologising. She lead me over to the cloudy glassed window of the cell and I stared into the face of a Weevil. But it wasn't a Weevil. It was one of the Sobeqobites. Or at least that's how I knew them. Sobeqobites from the planet Byzytyne. Or they were, before they all disappeared. In the corner of my eye, I could see Gwen moving a chair and placing it behind me. I sat down, giving her a thankful look before staring into the eyes of the Weevil.

I could feel Gwen moving around the room, leaning against the wall behind me. I placed my hand against the glass, inhaling deeply. The Weevil immitated me, tilting it's head.
Hello... my telepathic ability always came in handy with other aliens. I knew Sobeqobites were mildly telepathic.
Hello. the gruff voice of the Weevil echoed around my head. I hadn't spoken telepathically with anyone for a few hours. It was like being on holiday and having to speak another language and suddenly switching back to your mother tongue after hours.
What are you doing here? I moved my hand away, placing it gracefully upon my lap.
We slipped... through the rift... I nodded, sighing softly, letting out the breath I forgot I was holding.

Twenty minutes and a full conversation with a Weevil later, Gwen and I made our way back up to the main Hub. The Doctor glanced up as I entered, a smile on his face which reached his eyes, causing them to glow at me. He stepped towards me, taking my hand, squeezing it lightly
"We need" he spoke, not just to me but to everyone in the Hub "to revisit the meteor site.. There's something we've missed."

No comments: